King County Metro Community Van - Vashon Island
Community Van is a new rideshare pilot program brought to you by King County and participating cities to provide community members with a new way to share the ride. This is the latest in a series of unique alternative services Metro is piloting in communities throughout King County. These services are designated to provide residents with customized options for getting around when bus service can’t meet their needs.
- Community members travel together to local destinations throughout the day, evening and weekends.
- Group trips and stops are preplanned ahead of time by a Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders on Vashon Island request a trip through Megan Lockhart, the Community Transportation Coordinator. They can be reached at email@example.com, by calling (425) 295-0646, or by submitting a trip online; let us know about your trip ideas and what you need before you plan your trip.
- All trips are driven by Volunteer Drivers and require at least 2 passengers. Each rider will pay fares while the driver travels for free.
- Riders on Vashon Island request a trip by calling the King County Metro number or by visiting the website located below.
- Community Vans come in two sizes: 6 and 12 passenger vans. This means that the vans can accommodate 1 driver and 5 passengers or 1 driver and 11 passengers.
Accepted forms of fare: all monthly ORCA cards (cannot accept e-purse payment), TransitGo mobile tickets, or Human Services Bus Tickets.